Saturday, June 8, 2013

Leek harvest April 2013

My youngest granddaughter and I harvested leeks on April 8th.  She is very fashion-conscious and her shoes have to match her outfit.  Since her outfit was pink and purple, don't you think she chose the appropriate shoes?  She is 4 and so much fun. 






I started King Sieg leeks from seed and transplanted to my square foot garden in a small trench (the seedlings were small).  After they had grown a good bit I used my hands to mound the dirt up around the leeks & left them over the winter.  I was quite pleased with the results.



Here she is with her new bunny going for a stroll.  That is the tamest rabbit I've ever seen. It loves to cuddle & doesn't bite.  It will get right up under her chin & sleep.




This may be my favorite picture of the year.  In case you can't tell, she is a tomboy to the core.  She chases the chickens (& usually catches them), loves to help in the garden and is NOT AFRAID OF A LITTLE DIRT!    Again, that rabbit is amazing.  It is usually dressed in baby clothes.










No comments:

Search This Blog