Sunday, August 13, 2017

Flowers

Just a few random pictures.  I don't have a fancy camera, just a Kodak Easy Share, but it takes really good pictures.

I planted a row of zinnias and touch-me-nots (balsam) the entire length of my garden.  They have been beautiful all summer.  A few weeks ago we used the weed-eater & cut them down by about 2 feet & they have branched out & started to rebloom. 

The balsam is Double camellia mix balsam.  I had blooms of white, 2-3 shades of pink, coral and a nice purple.  Coral was predominant, so I didn't save any seeds from it, but I did for the other colors.  Why do they call it a touch-me-not?  When the seed pods get ripe, when you give the tiniest squeeze they pop open & seeds scatter.







Just plain ol' zinnias








Hardy hibiscus.  I am not sure of the exact names and  I'm not sure what temp they are tolerant to, but in my zone 7 garden we can get down to 0 and they always come back.  They also have some seed pods and I have several started in pots from seed.  Be sure NOT to cover your seeds, just surface sow.

The Japanese beetles did a job on the foilage.


 Pink swirl - 3-4 feet high with huge blooms

 pink swirl



Medium pink, short hardy hibiscus.

 Medium pink
Medium pink

No comments:

Search This Blog