Saturday, May 14, 2011

Another beautiful day.

Today was a little cooler than the past few days, instead of around 90, today's high was only 73.  The skies were so clear and no smothering humidity, just a gorgeous day.  Vegetable gardening is boring right now since there are no weeds to pull in a square foot garden and everything is planted, I'm just waiting for more harvest.  In a few days I will need to re-tie my tomatoes since they are growing gangbusters, the pole beans are at the top of their trellis already.  I don't know what I will do about them, I may try trimming the tops of a few to see what happens.  They should begin to bloom soon.  I have a few lemon-sized tomatoes, but lots of blooms, plus some tomatoes that haven't started to bloom yet.   The pepper plants are slowly growing, the corn is close to knee-high.

This has been a crazy Spring and things are not as far along as last year:
May 17, 2010 corn: 



May 8, 2011 corn:


As you can see, quite a bit of difference, but this will come along fine & I expect a good harvest.


No comments:

Search This Blog