Sunday, April 11, 2010

Continuing the saga...........

March 26, 2010

We got the boxes filled with Mel's Mix (1/3 coarse vermiculite, 1/3 compost and 1/3 peat moss).

Our other granddaughters were with us that day and they had a blast helping.  These pictures are not "staged", they really did help a lot.  Hopefully, I have some future gardeners here.



Jadiel fixed a planter to take home:  She transplanted lettuce and sowed sugar snap peas.

You have to admit, this is one cute kid.  Look at her feet - Her mom forgot to send play shoes, so we wrapped her feet in plastic bags & put DH's black work socks over them.  It worked.



Another use for my Mantis - Mel's Mixer (Just look at all those M words!)


Here is the potato bed.  We had left over vinyl siding & DH braced it up 
and  put in a few inches of mix & planted seed potatoes. 





Finally, DH constructed framing from electrical conduit from Lowe's for a make-shift greenhouse so I could harden off my peppers & tomatoes.  I planted lettuce, bok choy, cabbages & spinach in 12 squares on the left and I placed my trays of seedlings at the other end - tomatoes, peppers, yellow squash, zucchini and cucumbers.  The wind started blowing something fierce that day so I had to "batten down the hatches".  It held up quite well and my plants didn't suffer any damage.  




No comments:

Search This Blog