Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Well, I never!

I would never in my wildest dreams have thought I would ever be sitting in the kitchen with a baby piglet wrapped in a towel trying to feed her a bottle!   Mama Pig and siblings were being mean & wouldn't let her eat today, so she had to be rescued since she was laying in the dirt with a chicken walking on her.  She ate a little bit, but perked up after coming to the house. 

Her name is Gertrude and she was born on Sunday, 6/12 and is a pot bellied mix and absolutely adorable. I never gave much thought about pigs as we have never had any.  My son adopted Bella when her owners didn't want her anymore and she lives in the chicken lot.  My son then somehow came up with a boar, type unknown, just a plain black hog with white markings. 

I'll keep you posted on her progress.

No comments:

Search This Blog