Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dreary, rainy day

I still haven't gotten many catalogs, not even from the companies I have previously ordered from.  I did get a new one from Fedco.  I had never had one of their catalogs and although it did cause eyestrain because the print was so small, I enjoyed reading through it.  I found some varieties that I "needed" & placed an order.  I usually order from Baker Creek, but Fedco had a lot of different heirloom varieties. 

One I am particularly interested in is Laurentian Rutabaga, a Canadian variety.  It is supposed to be a larger and sweeter variety.  I also ordered:

Veggies & spuds:
  • Cascadia Snap pea
  • Tromboncino rampicante squash
  • Nutty Delicata.  I love Delicata squash, but hadn't tried this particular one.
  • Prisma Shallot seed
  • Blushed butter cos lettuce
  • Olga lettuce
  • Deluxe Lettuce mix
  • Freedom lettuce mix
  • Winter lettuce mix
  • Deadon Savoy cabbage
  • Tango celery
  • Yellow moon dutch shallots, 1 lb.
  • Picasso shallots, 1 lb.
  • Satina potato, 2.5 lb.
  • Romanze potato, 2.5 lb.
Flowers:
  • Alchemilla, Lady's Mantle
  • Double click mix Cosmos
  • Vintage mix stocks
  • April in Paris, a highly fragrant sweet pea
  • Coral gardens cockscomb
  • Southern Bells hibiscus
  • My castle red russell lupine
  • Sightseeing mix veronica
That is about all the damage I could afford.  

It's starting to storm, gotta go.

No comments:

Search This Blog